It is our goal to help you to regain the energy and vitality that you have lost!
When you are low in energy and feeling tired, we are able to determine the underlying cause of what is zapping your energy, and what nutrients you need to get your energy back
“But what is zapping my energy in the first place?”
- The biggest energy zappers are toxins that can accumulate and store in our bodies over time.
- A toxin is a poison or substance that is capable of causing disease in the body, thus creating imbalances.
- Imbalances cause your body to work harder, and burn more nutrients in order to heal itself. This leads to nutritional deficiencies and depletion.
- Toxins can clog and stress important organs such as our liver. Believe it or not the liver is actually where much of our energy is produced.
- A toxic liver can lead to adrenal exhaustion. The adrenals are important glands that regulate energy and hormones. Especially stress hormones. They can’t do their function correctly when connected with a toxic liver.
“What can be toxic?”
- The very things we are exposed to on a daily basis, such as our foods, skin products, fragrances, water, and air can all contribute to the toxic load our body carries and increase the work it has to do to repair itself.
- When exposed to something long term that our body is having trouble breaking down and using, that item can then become toxic to the body and behave like a poison.
- This constant exposure can leave you feeling exhausted, stressed, and sick all the time because your body is constantly working, yet missing vital nutrients it needs to function correctly.
- That is why it’s so important to make sure you are exposed to good quality food and products!
Energy Balancing Foods:
Broccoli/Asparagus/Spinach: magnesium (reduces stress), B vitamins and folic acid (help improve mood and regulate sleep)
Cantaloupe/Oranges/Lemons: Vitamin C (Helps to reduce levels of cortisol)
Blueberries- Vitamin C and antioxidants
Almonds/Walnuts:Vitamin b2, vitamin E (powerful antioxidant), Magnesium, zinc (increases resistance to infection.
Avocado: B vitamins
Salmon/Fish: Omega 3’s keep cortisol and adrenaline from spiking.
Oatmeal: increases calm-inducing serotonin.
Relaxing Bedtime Teas: Chamomile, peppermint, passion flower, and valerian.
*Additional: Use different clean essential oils to either energize (peppermint, cinnamon, orange) or relax (lavender, sandalwood, chamomile) you when needed.
Limit or Avoid:
- Processed and pre-packaged Foods
- Fast Foods
- Bad Fats
- Refined Sugars
- Artificial Sweeteners
Everything you Eat, Breathe or Drink will either feed your cells or take away from your cells!
Nutritional Wellness & Chiropractic