Your First Food Log!
Congratulations on creating your first food log and starting your journey in the quest for better health! A food log is an important step in any diet or lifestyle change for a couple reasons:
- A food log allows you to objectively measure what you ate and when you ate it. With the information provided in your own food log, allergies can be pinpointed, weaknesses identified, and bad habits uncovered.
- A food log is a visual representation of how well you are sticking to your meal plans and more broadly, to your health goals.
Here are a few tips to assist you in the process:
- Make sure to continue to eat normally, do not make changes to your diet. It is important that we see what you have been eating so we can better assist you. The way we receive this information is by you filling out your Food Log. This will assist your practitioner to help you improve your health.
- Fill out your Food Log as you are eating
***Please have Food Log completed upon arrival, and ready to turn in***
Start by circling sugars on your food log, by this we mean:
(These count as 1 serving of sugar)
- Chocolate bars
- Soda (diet or regular)
- Alcoholic Beverages (Including wine: each glass counts as one)
Three Tips to Get The Most of Your Food Log
- Beverages with sugar (i.e coffee, tea, iced coffee = 1/4 serving of sugar)
- Your practitioner will give you a goal to achieve every visit and will take your own food log into account to help you narrow down what healthy eating habits you have, and which need to change.
- Please make sure that you DO NOT run out of supplements during your journey to optimal health. This can leave your body craving something that it desperately needs while your making changes to your diet.